Monday, February 11, 2013

Buttermilk Pie on this BLUE MONDAY

Howdy folks!  We had a quick glimpse of the sunshine today but for the most part it has been a cold, blue Monday here in central Texas.  A perfect day for making Buttermilk Pie!  Yummy! 
While the pie was cooling I did a little sketching and doodling and thought I'd share my creation with y'all.

The dripping paint at the bottom of the sketch sort of describes the kind of day we've had....drippy and bleak!  But we certainly welcome the rain and moisture around these parts.   That's all for now!  Have a fabulous week and in the meantime check out more Blue things HERE on Sally's blog.


5 comments:

  1. Wow!

    Your drawing is amazing.

    As for buttermilk pie. I have never heard of that. What's it taste like? Sweet or savory?

    You should redo your post to include your recipe and then link to Foodie Friday link party later in the week!

    I love the song thatyou have playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please, recipe would be interesting, also curious about sweet or savoury too.
    Love the sketch. I love that you call it a doodle - I doodle swirls and squares - not beautiful women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love buttermilk pie. It is one of our best desserts here in the south. And so easy to make! Beautiful sketch!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish that I could sample some of that pie! I love your blues; thanks for sharing.

    Happy Blue Monday, Dix!

    As soon as I leave this comment, I'll fix your defective link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Smiling Sally! Guess I don't follow directions very well.!!:) I seem to have trouble each week with Mr. Linky. Thanks again. dix---

      Delete