Monday, January 23, 2012

Harbinger

Webster says a harbinger is one sent before to arrange for lodgings or a forerunner; precursor.  Well, that is the title of this aqua blue creation of mine featuring parts of broken bottles bearing messages.  I really enjoy digging through old dump sites to find treasures to use in my art.  ( I hope Fritz didn't drink the contents of all these bottles.) This particular piece found a good home with creative CANDY in the Texas hill country. Check out other Blue Monday items by clicking on the word BLUE!  Happy Monday, y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dix I had only a short time with you Taylor gals but just know that you'd be lined up behind me to join the big black glasses parade. And what a surprise to see my piece here. I'm ashamed to say but I just hung it on the wall last week. It's been sitting in my studio. I'll have to share some of my new changes in the works. And just yesterday was looking over each little quote, rust, and charm...so glad it's mine.
    Blessings ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!!! You have completely given my inspiration!!!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful!!! loed how your imagination worked on this project
    Happy to have found your blog...you seem to be very lovely as well as crafty =)
    Hugs from Chile.

    ReplyDelete