Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thrifting

Thrifting is one of my favorite hobbies! It relieves stress and helps add more junk to my stash of goodies. Husband just loves this part!  lol    Today I hit the jackpot and found lots of vintage linens to use in my fabric collage.  A couple of weeks ago I hit it big with the treasure load of vintage snow houses and miniature bottle brush trees. The houses are stamped "Japan" on the bottom and are so fragile. I'm guessing they were manufactured in the 1950's.  I just can't wait to display the little village with the tiny plastic deer next year!  Oh yes,,,did I mention we were celebrating my friend's birthday at our favorite Goodwill entity?    Enough for now....gotta go create for "Beneath the Blue."

4 comments:

  1. Pretty Chandelier:)

    Visiting for Blue Monday! Here's mine-hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2012/01/3d-sunglasses.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh my, you did find some goodies! Where is this Goodwill????? Our goodwill does not have these lovely vintage treasures. Good for you and good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic blog, I have joined as a follower love all the goodies on your desk beautiful hearts, Have a great WOYWW Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete