Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Keepsake Box for the Bride - WOYWW 204

A keepsake box for the bride is on my work desk today.  It must be finished by tomorrow so I can present it to the bride or at least take it to her mother's house!  The wedding is Saturday! 

I started with a purchased box and painted the sides with acrylic paint and covered the lid with burlap. A friend gave me these fabulous spools of lace and I chose the darker one as a background for the lid.
Then I made several roses from various textures including burlap, wired paper ribbon, gauze, and silk sari ribbon.
Then I began gluing the bits and pieces of lace, vintage doilies, and vintage lilies of the valley around on the lid.
Finished!  To see what others are doing around the globe and to see what might be on their work desks just click HERE!

5 comments:

  1. Dix,
    This is beautiful!!
    The bride will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely intricate work. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that little box - perfect for keepsakes even if you're not a bride! Such beautiful, delicate work.
    Thanks for stopping by, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Dix, You have made a very plain box into a thing of beauty. The bride who receives this box will be so very happy.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That box is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful gift. April #122

    ReplyDelete